When managing the symptoms of inflammatory bowel diseases, biological treatment for ulcerative colitis is effective.
This is reassuring news for those living with the disease and its symptoms, which include severe pain, fatigue and constant bathroom trips. All are part of living with ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease that affects the colon and rectum.
The good news is there are ways to find relief. Thus, this blog post provides information on:
- Biological treatments for ulcerative colitis
- How supplementing with mycomedicine can help
What is the biological treatment for ulcerative colitis?
When it comes to the biological treatment of ulcerative colitis, there are a variety of options. These include:
Biologic drugs are effective in:
- Improving gut symptoms
- Preventing flares ups in people with moderate to severe colitis
- Reducing the need for hospitalisation or surgery
However, biological treatment does not work for everyone and may stop working after some time for certain individuals.
Is there a natural option to biological treatment for ulcerative colitis?
Many people with ulcerative colitis prefer natural remedies over biological treatments because they can harm the body. Especially when they can cause cancer.
This is where mycomedicine comes in. Mycomedicine is a form of natural medicine that has been widely used in Asian countries for thousands of years.
Below are two types of medicinal mushrooms that are compatible, effective and safe for treating ulcerative colitis.
- Lion’s mane (Hericium erinaceus): This is an edible, medicinal mushroom popular in China and Japan. The mushroom is high in fiber, natural prebiotics and protein. It’s commonly used to prevent or treat gastrointestinal disorders because it balances microbiota that protects and supports healthy gut bacteria.
- Agaricus blazei Murill (ABM): This mushroom, native to Brazil, is an effective supplement to conventional medication for patients with mild to moderate symptoms of ulcerative colitis. It can also help boost the immune system.
What are the benefits of using Mycomedicine for ulcerative colitis?
Other reasons to consider using medicinal mushrooms for ulcerative colitis are:
- Its compatibility with biological treatments
- The promotion of a healthy inflammation response in the body
- Its improvement of ulcerative colitis symptoms, including bloating, pain and lack of energy
Mycomedicine is safe to use as an integrative or complementary option for ulcerative colitis.
Medicinal mushrooms like Lion’s mane and ABM are safe and effective for treating ulcerative colitis.
- Lion’s mane extract protects against stomach and intestinal ulcers. Research suggests it helps inhibit the development of ulcers in humans.
- ABM exhibits anti-inflammatory effects in patients with ulcerative colitis.
The biochemicals in mushrooms have piqued the interest of researchers throughout the world because of their documented health advantages.
Not only are they effective in treating inflammation, but also in stimulating nerve growth. For instance, Lion’s mane is high in hericenones and erinacines, two compounds that help shield the brain from cognitive decline as we age.
In addition, researchers have found that Lion’s mane may be an effective remedy for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
Always remember that it’s important to select laboratories that invest in research and development. There is confidence in knowing the mushroom supplements coming out of the lab are tested and developed for safety and effectiveness.
For anyone who wants to restore their digestive health and feel better, using medicinal mushrooms for ulcerative colitis can help manage symptoms more effectively while giving the body some much-needed TLC (tender loving care).